Update: As of August 2017, the page in the back of each SRP book is a simple THANK YOU for purchasing a copy of the book – with links to Amazon and Salt River.
Ultimately, we decided the following notice was negative in its approach:
We recently started putting this message in the back of all SRP publications. In case you haven’t seen it:
A London publisher once said, “People will beg, borrow or steal a book, but not buy.”
- Choose to be a buyer! Don’t lend your copy to all your friends – order two copies of this book today and give them away.
- This is your chance to stand with all of us – the writers, artists, editors and designers associated with the no-profit Salt River Publishing company.
Publisher discount available at the estore
In January 2016 we published the revised edition of the SRP Pocketbook series:
They look gorgeous – thanks to the beautiful photography of Greg Meyer and the tweaking by cover designer Carol White.
Originally published in 2014, the content has been updated. Both volumes now focus for the most part on love poems. A third volume in the series is expected later in 2016…
Some of you loyal friends of Salt River purchase 4 or more copies of an SRP book as gifts. We have just come up with a 25% discount option – hopefully providing you with a nice savings for your generosity.
Visit the SRP estore for details.
Happy new year!
*Updated July 2017
Salt River Publishing is pleased to announce the arrival of our latest book:
Wake up! if you can includes 101 poetic sayings by the mystic Kabir with helpful reflections that extend the meaning, and mystic stories that illustrate them…
It makes a delightful addition to any library – so treat yourself!
In the wake of Salt River Publishing getting recognized as a bona fide “small publishing company” by the Library of Congress, we are reorganizing our booklist – and our thinking about the SRP publications.
The Salt River Imprints
Our overall goal is to publish books that encourage and inspire. To date, we have published three groups of books, with a fourth group hopefully emerging in the new year:
- One group of books is what we now call the Tuppany books. They are about not taking life too seriously… Whether through laughter or positive suggestions, these books help us keep going lightly.
- The upcoming New Moon books are for children – stories with (or without) illustrations, including books by children for children.
- And another group is what we call the Global Library books. They are for self-study: reflective, educational, self-developmental…
- And a fourth group is the Pocketbooks. These literally fit into a (large) pocket – and slip into a purse or a backpack. They contain mystic sayings and songpoems, each book focusing on one mystic.
Salt River Publishing has been recognized by the Library of Congress as a genuine “small publisher”.
We qualified for two reasons:
- We have published books by at least four authors… Five to date, with two more authors’ books scheduled for 2016!
- And the way our books look at Bowkers (the catalogue that is used by libraries and booksellers) conveys that Salt River books are of good quality.
What does it mean to us, practically? We get to have a Library of Congress ID number (“CPN”) on the copyright page of each book. The CPN is used by librarians – and it’s a definite sign for booksellers and librarians that Salt River has arrived!
We are pleased to announce that Elley-Ray’s new book, Butterfly Kisses, is here!
Charmingly presented, this pocketbook contains 365 inspirational quotes and suggestions. They make you smile and provide unexpected directions for daily motivation.
Copies available, as usual, at the estore and at amazon. Enjoy!
All of us at Salt River Publishing are pleased to announce:
This book is delightful – as you can guess from the cover. Rosemary Rawson captures the challenges of getting older, but with a lively sense of humor and quiet wisdom. She makes you chuckle and gives you a positive perspective.
Great read for women in the 60s+ age group! Do you know any? Get it for them for Christmas… or New Year’s… or any time of year. They’ll love you for it!
Some of you are wonderfully loyal and supportive of our endeavours at Salt River Publishing. Thank you!
Here are a few ways anybody can show support, culled from the spontaneous actions of all of you:
- Readers sometimes ask whether it helps the SRP authors to shop at the author estore rather than at Amazon. Frankly, yes – the author gets a better royalty at the Salt River estore.
- Reader reviews We all love to read what other people have to say about books we’re interested in! Feel free to post your own comments on any of the SRP books at Amazon. Click on the title you want, scroll down and click on “Write a customer review”. It’s quick and easy – and much appreciated.
- Gifts to friends Do you sometimes get stuck for a gift to give to relatives, colleagues, neighbours and friends? Why not order some copies of SRP books – one reader told us it gives her great pleasure, sharing SRP books with others here and there. Another reader said her precious copy of an SRP book came from somebody who purchased a dozen copies and handed them out to all the participants in a weekly get-together! Love it!
We are excited about the evolution of Salt River as more authors and story-tellers write in, asking to come on board. You’ll see their work this year and next – their projects are already underway. So a big Thank You for your participation in the SRP adventure: authors need readers… just as readers need authors!
Salt River Publishing is very pleased to announce that on August 15th 2014 we published STUMBLING TOWARDS ENLIGHTENMENT by Shanan Harrell.
Stumbling towards Enlightenment is a collection of delightful, humorous, down-to-earth reflections on everyday events – from the perspective of yoga and self-transformation.
It’s a refreshing read for anybody who tends to take themselves (and life) too seriously. “Yogashanan” will have you laughing in no time.
And she may even inspire you to stumble your way into a few changes!