If working with Anthea as your editor, here is an estimate of what a fairly clean project might come to.
- The editing fee is $25 to $35/hour:
- First readthrough: Short books may take as few as 5-10 hours. Long books (80,000 words) could be 20 hours if they are in good shape. $35/hour.
- Second readthrough: $25 to $35/hour, depending on what is involved.
- The readthrough includes inputting corrections to Word or InDesign.
- As the author, you may see all suggested changes (in Word, using Track Changes) and can discuss the suggestions & changes with Anthea.
- The rate for admin tasks is $25 to $35/hour:
- emails & phone: discussions, feedback, suggestions, advice, info, encouragement
- finalizing book design
- creation of CS author webpage
- creation of online publishing account, etc.
- 14 years as an editor for a non-profit publisher (21 books) and 11+ years freelancing (20 books to June 2016 and counting)
- BA in English, BA in French (UCLA – phi beta kappa), MA in Comparative Studies (UT – honorable mention), M.Litt and PhD in Comparative Religion (Punjab)
- Language studies: some European languages plus Hindi, Punjabi and a little Urdu & Persian
- Has translated 2 books, ghostwritten 3 and soloed 3 with 2 more underway (June 2016).